Basemap is a leader in the production and analysis of mapping and transport data. Our software enables the calculation of travel times over road networks using different modes of transport, such as cars, cycles or walking; and combined with information on public transport timetables, such as train and buses, gives complete and accurate data on travel for consumers, businesses and transport organisations. The company was established in 2001 and offers a wide range of products and consultancy services.
Basemap is looking for an enthusiastic graduate or someone who is looking to enter this high growth and rapidly changing industry. We would also consider someone who is looking to re-enter the workforce or someone who wants to work part-time. The company’s software is currently the most advanced in the market and as such provides a great opportunity for the right person to launch or advance their career. This is a great chance to join a growing company and to learn how to sell cutting edge, niche software and to help the company with its ambition to build market dominance and make them the first point of reference in the market.
The role of the Telesales Representative will be to help support the implementation of the company’s sales strategy in the UK and will be expected to help generate leads and ensure that existing clients are aware of other products available to them.
To do this they will either need experience in or want to learn how to:
• sell in a proactive and consultative way
• make both cold and warm sales calls on the telephone
• work to targets
Ideally we are looking for an individual who:
• is a self-starter
• is a multi-tasker
• is organised
• has great attention to detail
• is hungry to learn
• wants to learn to sell complex technology products
• is fascinated by or wants to learn about GIS (Geographical Information Services).
The role will be based at our offices at the Surrey Research Park, Guildford.
The Telesales Representative is a proactive and consultative phone sales position. The primary focus is on generating end-user customer leads for Basemap’s sales team.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
• Apply an understanding of sales methodology, processes, prospecting techniques
• For new business, prospect with some guidance, follow up on qualified leads.
• Account expansion and retention activities including cross selling into new areas.
• Set qualified appointments for the field counterparts with new customers.
• Establish and maintain close relationships with sales team.
• Identify and develop opportunities across different product groups
• Maintenance of the project schedules within the CRM system
• Allocation of leads to the relevant sales person
• Online research of potential clients.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Proficiency and ability to communicate effectively via telephone is required
• Ability to identify new opportunities
• Proven self-starter with motivated attitude to manage multiple tasks
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Willingness to learn and build a solid knowledge of the companies’ products
• Technical telesales experience in a changing dynamic environment
• Experience with CRM and opportunity management systems
• Experience with MS Office and internet
Why work for Basemap
We are a friendly company offering 23 days’ holiday, free parking, flexible hours with excellent benefits including company pension scheme and a cycle to work scheme.
Salary c£20-23K depending on experience
Apply with CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org