Account and Business Development Manager
Basemap is a leader in the production and analysis of mapping and transport data. Our software enables the calculation of travel times over road networks using different modes of transport, such as cars, cycles or walking; and combined with information on public transport timetables, such as train and buses, gives complete and accurate data on travel for consumers, businesses and transport organisations.
The Account and Business Development Manager will generate sales of the company’s products and services into defined Sectors in the UK, achieving the company’s targets and setting the base for higher future growth. They will identify and approach new potential customers in order to gain new accounts and grow the sales activity in the territory. They will also be expected to keep detailed records of sales activity, prepare and submit reports or other related analysis to the CEO e.g. regular activity reports, forecasts, business plans etc.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Generates sales revenue within identified Sector
- Provides accurate and timely management information and revenue forecasts
- Maintains all client contact information within CRM
- Identifies and works with the appropriate people in Basemap to develop and maintain direct relationships with current clients as well as identifying and developing new business opportunities
- Act as an ambassador for Basemap
- Maintains an understanding of Basemap technology and is able to articulate Basemap’s value propositions to customers
This is a proactive and consultative phone sales position, so we are looking for someone with experience in sales methodology, processes and prospecting techniques while selling to new customers and existing accounts. Ideally, we are looking for an individual who is a self-starter, is a multi-tasker, is organised and wants to learn to sell complex technology.
The role is full-time and based at our offices at the Surrey Research Park, Guildford. We offer free parking, flexible hours with excellent benefits including company pension scheme and a cycle to work scheme.
Salary £20K to £25K plus commission depending on experience.
Please apply with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org