It is coming to less than a decade that all sales of new petrol and diesel cars in the UK will cease to exist. As a consequence electric vehicle sales have doubled in sales from 2020 to 2021 and continue to soar. The challenge for transport planners and authorities is ensuring the decarbonising to remain on path to Net Zero continues to progress at speed over this decade.
Naturally, this transition does not fall onto the plates of consumers. Companies with delivery vans, buses, HGVs, specialist transport vehicles of all sizes have a role to play in ensuring their internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles are substituted with low carbon alternatives.
What Happens If Companies Don’t Adapt?
Whilst planning takes time to transition to electric vehicles. There will be a larger pool of firms searching for more restricted choice of vehicles at a time when charging solutions are becoming more customised. If companies don’t adjust in time, often they can be left behind.
- High volume of firms transitioning at same time, less supply
- More restricted choice in vehicles
- Charging solutions sought after (especially drivers homes) and are becoming customised
- Lagging behind government acceleration pressure to accelerate decarbonisation
- Government support with grants (subject to constant change)
To get optimum battery results for your fleet, the Electric Vehicle Routing Software by Basemap will ensure you get heightened productivity for your deliveries and that hassle-free range anxiety feeling.
For a smooth transition from ICE Vehicles to EVR, contact our team to request a free trial.